Saturday, April 02, 2016

Inspiration

I remember when I was a child, I always wanted to be a person who can speak at least 5 languages in the future. Well, now,,, I could only at least 3 languages, which are Indonesian, English, Japanese and little bit Italian. (I could understand and speak Javanese a lil bit, does that count? lol) With that dream, I studied some languages but then I decided to go to Japanese Studies as my focus in university.

In university, I studied linguistic, culture, society, history and literature of Japanese. When I went to basic linguistic class, my professor was a quite old woman with white hair, Mrs Pam we called her. During her class, I used to chat with friends by using a piece of paper or drawing something on my book. Sometimes it was boring, but at any time, it got interesting.

One day, “When learning other language, and try to use it, don’t think too much, no need to be shy, don’t be afraid of making mistakes, and just be confidence. We’re not a native of that language. If you make mistakes, it’s fine!” she said. I think it’s absolutely right. Maybe there are so many people, don’t have much confidence, too much think whether the grammar or pronunciation are correct or not when use it, and then they choose to keep quite.

Her words inspire me to use and express other languages confidently. Not that I’m not afraid of making mistakes, but I try to learn from my mistakes. So, I try to embrace myself to write this blog. (Well, I’ve wrote a blog in English before but it was long time ago. lol) I know, I have so many mistakes on my grammar here, but of course I will study more to make it better in the future.


And for everyone, just don’t be shy and just be confidence but don’t be sloppy to make some mistakes, and keep learning. 

No comments: